- 1 Editorial Mission
- 2 Steps to Get your Post on the Bootstrap Blog
- 3 Post Schedule 2010
- 4 2009
- 5 2008
The Bootstrap Blog shares news about the bootstrap community updated by Contributors who post directly to the blog.
It is also a place where Bootstrap members can share their expertise and bootstrap journey. We have found that when bootstrappers share their story with others, they lock in their own learning. And communicating through various social media is a requirement for any bootstrap entrepreneur.
Steps to Get your Post on the Bootstrap Blog
- Pick a date from the calendar below and send an email to: jason AT abdmag DOT com - you will get an email from Jason confirming your date.
- Send Jason your blogpost the DAY BEFORE your date. See earlier posts by members below if you need some inspiration
- Jason will edit your blog and it will be posted on the Bootstrap Blog, AEN Network and tweeted on @bootstrapaustin
Post Schedule 2010
January - Getting Started
- Jan 18, Brandy Rainey: Bootstrap Film Subgroup
- Jan 31, Brian Massey: If You're Selling to Humans, You've Got to Tell Stories
- Feb 7, Kevin Koym: Building Business in Austin Despite a Possible Recession
- Feb 14, Geoff Chudleigh: Paul Carrozza Talk
March - SXSW Panelists
- Mar 7, Dan Gutknecht, founder InHouse Assist: Bootstrapping, Art and SXSW
- Mar 14, Marcy Hoen, founder Austin Art Start: I am Bootstrap (and so can you!)
- Mar 21, Jonathan McCoy, founder Perception Labs: Entrepreneur vs. Wild
- Mar 28, Nancy Schill: Moving Safely into Collaborations
April - Innovative Web Apps
- Apr 4, Mark Smith, founder Mikons: Mikons and the Hijacking Maven
- Apr 11, Marcus Mateus: Value Creation vs Value Capture
- Apr 18, Kyle Johnson: Bootstrap Hero's Journey in Bumper Stickers
- Apr 25, Miles Sims, founder innerTee: innerTee Postmortem and Lessons Learned
May - Right Action, Right Time
- May 2: Turning B.A.D Visions into Reality, Sarah Siddiqi, founder Experience Bangladesh,
- May 9: Building an Effective Web Experience, Jon Lebkowsky, founder Social Web Strategies
- May 16: Bootstrap Presentation at Rice Alliance, Josh Baer, founder OtherInbox
- May 21: Zen and the Art of Entrepreneurship, Mason Arnold, founder Greenling Organic Delivery
- May 23: Bootstrapping Your Back Office, Rey Madolora
- May 28: Right Action Right Time for Funding, by Nancy Schill
- May 30: Bootstrap Film Fest, Jason Howell, founder Quality of Touch
- Jun 6: Lou Ellman, founder Play with Pride and RoyaltyZone, The Accidental Licensor
- Jun 9: Bijoy Goswami, evangelist youplusU Model, Total Leadership
- Jun 11: Edward Cruz, founder Molecular Thinking, How to Bootstrap your Business by Playing Pinball
- Jun 13: Reuben Swartz, founder Mimiran, Bootstrap Mantra, "How are we different" NOT "How are we cheaper"
- Jun 18: Michael Wilson, founder Small World Labs, Brazlian Jiu-Jitsu for Bootstrappers
- Jun 20: Brandy Rainey, founder Strapped Entertainment Entrepreneurs take Filmmaking to the Next level
- Jun 23: Steve Harvey, founder Cleantegrity, "Introducing Bootstrap Sustainability"
- Jun 27: Neelan Choksi writes about Rick Engel's June Talk: Entrepreneur Who's Done it His Way
- Jun 30: Tina Schweiger, founder Spoonbend
- Jul 9: Josh Baer, founder SKYLIST and OtherInbox, Necessity is the Mother of Invention (and Winning Chinese Battles)
- Jul 11: Neelan Choksi, founder SolarMetric, VC Money in Bootstrap Companies
- Jul 21: Barry Thornton, Don't Rock the Boat!
- Jul 25: Alex Cavalli, The Inner Journey
- July 28: Bijoy Goswami on Bootstrap's 5yr anniversary
- July 30: Dara Chambers, on Bootstrap Art's Discussion with David Galenson, author of "Young Geniuses, Old Masters."
- Aug 1: Barry Thornton on I Must Be Crazy
- Aug 4: Don Jarrell, founder of Digital Thinking Inc. and Bootstrap Ambassador to The Licensing Executive Society -- "The Value of the Answer is Directly Proportional to the Quality of the Question":
- Aug 8: Damon Flowers, founder Dwellgo, Turn Right to Go Left
- Aug 15: Tania Cowher, founder Celeb 4 A Day: Thinking Outside the Box - There is No Spoon, and there Isn't a Box Either
- Aug 18: Barry Thornton, Entrepreneurs and Intellectual Property
- Aug 22: Gavin Wilson, When not to write your Business Plan
- Aug 25: Barry Thornton, The Entrepreneur and Innovation
- Aug 27: Nancy Schill, founder Executive Intelligent Coaching, Is Your Company in Growth?
- Sep 3: Brian Massey, founder Customer Chaos, Dan Ariely - How We're Predictably Irrational
- Sep 8: Allen Beuershausen, founder Living By Allen Lifestyle or Business? Why not Both?
- Sep 10: Get Moving Barry Thornton's Advice to Ideators
- Sep 12: Let a Thousand Flowers Bloom Andy Meadows, founder Live Oak Interactive
- Sep 15: Jon Lebkowsky, Bookmarking Bootstrap
- Sep 19: Ariel Miller, Architecture of Education
- Sep 24: Tom Baum, Extreme Bootstrapping - Part 1
- Sep 26: Ariel Miller, Architecture of Education, Part 2
- Oct 3: Marcy Hoen, founder Austin Art Start on Minimizing Unnecessary Actions
- Oct 10: Josh Baer, Bootstrappers will Shine in the Startup Depression
- Oct 13: Michael Griffin, founder adlucent, Getting More Done
- Oct 17: Tom Baum, Extreme Bootstrapping - Part 2
- Nov 3: Kevin Koym, founder Enterprise Teaming, Enterpise Tribes
- Nov 14: Chris Justice, founder Sparksight
- Nov 21: Allen Beuershausen[ & [http://www.austinartstart.com Marcy Hoen [Jason Myers, founder Collaboration Works!
- Nov 24: Lyn Graft, founder Club E Network, [http://www.bootstrapaustin.org/2008/11/collective-entrepreneurial-journey.html The Collective Entreperneurial Journey
- Nov 26: Kevin Koym
- Dec 3: Heather McKissick
- Dec 5: Jason Myers
- Dec 8: Sherry Lowry
- Dec 10: Alissa Bayer, founder Milk + Honey Spa