Short URL for this page: http://budurl.com/bootstrapart
Yahoo Group - please join to get meeting updates and connect with fellow art bootstrappers
The Bootstrap Art Subgroup is part of the larger Austin Art Scene. We are committed to stewarding this vibrant scene for artists of all paths, helping them find the resources and support they need.
The Art Subgroup seeks to create a forum for entrepreneurs in the visual arts community to help each other reach their goals in furthering the success of their art-related business endeavors. This group encourages its members to define and create success on their own terms by helping each other and drawing upon resources within and outside the visual arts community who seek to assist the members in achieving that success.
The Art subgroup will act as an informal nexus for the various visual arts entrepreneurs and organizations within Austin to harness and leverage each other's passions, strengths, and ingenuity.
The Art Subgroup meets every first Monday of the month. All meetings are 1 BootKarma. See the Bootstrap Calendar for details and the links below.
- Jan 7 -
- Feb 4 -
- Mar 3 -
- Apr 7 -
- May 5 -
- Jun 2 - Informal meeting, no speaker @ Waterloo on 38th/Lamar
- Jul 7 - Discuss Old Masters and Young Geniuses, by David Galenson. David will be calling in!
- Aug 4 -
- Sep 1 -
- Oct 6 - Viewing and discussion of selections from Simon Schama's "Power of Art" series
- Nov 3 -
- Dec 1 -
- Feb 5 - Til Richter, Art Critic
- Mar 5 - Bruce Willenzik, Armadillo Christmas Bazaar
- Apr 2 - Allen and Bijoy on the Bootstrap Community Manual
- May 7 - Manuel Zarate, founder of HBMG Inc and HBMG Foundation on Collaborations
- Jun 4 - Roundtable - helping each other
- Jul 2 - Andrew Long, Doing the Work
- Aug 6 - Cliff Redd, Long Center
- Sep 3 -
- Oct 1 -
- Nov 5 -
- Dec 3 -
How we Interact
Please follow these protocols, they preserve the integrity of our online discussions. You manage your online reputation by the way you conduct yourself on the group. If you are ever in doubt about the appropriateness of a post, email Allen or Marcy.
- You may promote your business or an event if you are an active member of the community (this is ONLY true for the ART GROUP)
- No job requests unless you are filling a position for your company. If you find yourself back in Ideation and having to look for a job, check out Hire Austin and Indeed
- No posts relating to "what's broken about bootstrap." Add these directly to the wiki page Suggestions to Improve Bootstrap or get in touch directly with appropriate leads.
- Represent your needs only. A bootstrapper that needs help must be on the list. Requests for non-bootstrap entities are sent directly to Bijoy.
- DO ask any question that will help you move your venture forward.
- DO share resources, news, connections, information that you think will be relevant to your fellow-bootstrappers.
- DO post events you think are of interest (WITHOUT REMINDERS) to the calendar. These could also be any events that your company is putting on that you would like bootstrappers to know about.
- Austin Fine Arts Festival
- Art Spark Festival, HBMG Foundation
- Austin Art Start
- City of Austin Art in Public Spaces
- City of Austin Economic Development - contacts at CoA for various economic development programs
- Austin Visual Arts Association